We have been making these for over 19 years now and glass top stove users were there at the beginning.
But there are some cautions additional to those for regular gas or electric stoves.
1. As with all stove types use low to medium heat, medium high at the highest and start slow, the copper takes time to heat up. If you are boiling water use the pot only - the copper is only blocking heat at this point.
2. Use caution and do not leave the copper only (with no pot with food in it, or just an empty pot alone) on a burner with the burner on - it will get very hot and if left for too long (hours) may damage the glass - too hot is above 1400 F, 750 C.- that's really hot BTW!. Note that there is supposed to be a safety sensor on your stove to prevent damage - but you don't want very hot things on your stove anyway.
3. The copper will get warmer than a regular pot and may cook on a white residue on the glass top stove - this is normal for regular pots too - but for new stoves may be a surprise for the owner. The residue is not from the copper but is food residue (sometimes invisible residue) on the stove already, and may only be lime from your tap water. It can be removed, but it is difficult - the glass manufacturer says that you may need to get "very aggressive" including using a razor blade scraper.
See the glass manufacturer site (Schott glass) for cleaning tips - cut and paste the below link
4. The glass manufacturer recommends not sliding any copper and aluminum cookware on the glass - this is because the glass is harder then the metals and the metals will scrape off on the glass - this mark is very hard to remove. Just use caution and don't slide it around.
5. As with all stoves, gas and electric too, the copper will discolor with the first use - this is normal - you can clean the copper, or not. Most of our customers don't bother.
Sorry for the above cautions - but a caution will help with surprises, normal for the stove, just new for the owner- just use common sense and you will be good to go.
All that being said, see the testimonial below for from glass top stove user.
"My son gave us the ten inch plate for Christmas and it works beautifully using an iron skillet on our glass top electric range (I miss gas), and want to say the quality is more than imagined.
Mary T, January 2016"
Copyright BellaCopper 2012 - 2021